Monday, November 17, 2008

The boy one...

Lol oh my, where to start on this one.

So yeah - i started a new job. That one we know. Check, done, got it. So i started this past Friday and i've done a couple of shadowing shifts with my 'trainer'. Who is... hot... by the way lol. Little do i know he has taken a liking to me, and i've definitely taken one to him.

He's a masters student in journalism and english, and he... intrigues me. His mind is fascinating. I love the way he sees things in life and the way he talks about things.

But there are 2 things abotu this situation... a) i work with him and b) he's... a few years older than me. 28 to be precise lol. God, the things i get myself into.

So now i've got to decide. I guess i'll just play things by ear... but i can already see where things will end up looking at how they are going now. Which isn't a bad thing! But it's a matter of figuring it all out and whether or not it's wise.

My friend, who is the most hopeless romantic, has told me to hop on it for sure! And another is hesitant. I'm aware it's my decision to make and not theirs, but i still worry about things. One more thing to add to my to do list in my brain lol. I'm amazed it's still functioning!!

2 comments:

Cait said...

Your brain has amazing functioning powers! It shall not let you down ;)
I think you should definitely keep options open and see where it goes (can I be a hopeless romantic?) And remember: keep me updated!
xox

Manderz said...

It is your decision, so don't let anyone's opinion influence you too much (that is my problem - and I make the decisions other people want more often than the one that I truly want).

However, my opinion is as follows:
a) since it is a work relationship, approach with caution - but approach if you so desire, because honestly, there's always another job out there
b) age isn't the key factor, it's all about the maturity level, personality, ability to commit, etc. and sometimes an older partner has more to offer than one closer to your own age.

Whatever you decide, have fun!